By Anita González,Ben Vinson,George O. Jackson,José Manuel Pellicer
Read or Download Afro-Mexico PDF
Best dance books
Initially released in 1983 the 1st version swiftly validated itself as a center pupil textual content. Now totally revised and up-dated it is still the one booklet to deal with the reason, technique, innovations and methodologies particular to the examine of dance heritage. For the most physique of the textual content which covers historic reviews of dance in its conventional and function contexts, the editors have introduced jointly a staff of across the world identified dance historians.
Simply as definitely as Haiti is "possessed" by way of the gods and spirits of vaudun (voodoo), the island "possessed" Katherine Dunham whilst she first went there in 1936 to review dance and formality. during this ebook, Dunham finds how her anthropological study, her paintings in dance, and her fascination for the folks and cults of Haiti labored their spell, catapulting her into reports that she used to be usually fortunate to outlive.
Whereas remapping the area by means of reading enduring old and cultural connections, this examine discusses a number of traditions and practices of theatre and function in 5 South Asian international locations inside their particular political and socio-cultural contexts.
While Igor Stravinsky's ballet Le Sacre du printemps (The ceremony of Spring) premiered through the 1913 Paris season of Sergei Diaghilev's Ballets Russes, its avant-garde song and jarring choreography scandalized audiences. this day it really is one in every of the main influential musical works of the 20 th century.
- Global Tangos: Travels in the Transnational Imaginary
- Eurythmy Rhythm, Dance (Rudolf Steiner's Ideas in Practice Series)
- British Dance: Black Routes
- Pratiques performatives: Body Remix (French Edition)
- The Marching Band Handbook: Competitions, Instruments, Clinics, Fundraising, Publicity, Uniforms, Accessories, Trophies, Drum Corps, Twirling, Color Guard, ... Directories, Bibliographies, Index, 3d ed.
- The Dance That Makes You Vanish: Cultural Reconstruction in Post-Genocide Indonesia (Difference Incorporated)
Extra resources for Afro-Mexico