By Steven Jones
This e-book demonstrates how conventional linguistic concept could be revisited, up to date and challenged within the corpus age. will probably be crucial interpreting for students drawn to antonymy and corpus linguistics.
Read or Download Antonymy: A Corpus-Based Perspective (Routledge Advances in Corpus Linguistics) PDF
Similar semantics books
The papers during this quantity tackle vital concerns within the examine of Plurality and Quantification from 3 assorted views: • Algebraic techniques to Plurals and Quantification • Distributivity and Collectivity: Theoretical Foundations • Distributivity and Collectivity: Empirical Investigations Algebraic ways to the semantics of typical languages have been in dependently brought for the research of generalized quantification, pred ication, intensionality, mass phrases and plurality.
16 years after her father was once killed through an IRA bomb, Jo Berry had her first dialog with the guy liable. She had made a protracted trip, ‘walking the footsteps of the bombers’ as she positioned it, decided to not supply in to anger and revenge yet to attempt to appreciate his motivations and point of view.
This e-book is the 1st broad research on French Quantification within the box of Syntax. It presents a typology of 4 major quantified noun words in French (existential, common, adverse and wh-), detailing their syntactic, semantic and prosodic behaviors and displaying that they are often diminished to 2 classes—Split-DP constructions or Floating quantification.
In der linguistischen Theorie spielen Situationsargumente als Komponenten der lexikalisch-semantischen Repräsentation im Bereich verbaler Kategorien eine zentrale Rolle. Die Beiträge des Sammelbandes erweitern das Postulat eines Situationsarguments auf den Bereich deverbaler Wortbildungsprodukte.
- Deictic Imaginings: Semiosis at Work and at Play: 11 (Studies in Applied Philosophy, Epistemology and Rational Ethics)
- The Semantic Field of Modal Certainty: A Corpus-Based Study of English Adverbs (Topics in English Linguistics [TiEL])
- The Intonation of English Statements and Questions: A Compositional Interpretation (Outstanding Dissertations in Linguistics)
- Quantifiers, Quantifiers, and Quantifiers: Themes in Logic, Metaphysics, and Language (Synthese Library)
- The Typology of Semantic Alignment
- Rethinking Idiomaticity: A Usage-based Approach (Corpus and Discourse)
Additional resources for Antonymy: A Corpus-Based Perspective (Routledge Advances in Corpus Linguistics)