By Robert van Rooij
In this publication, the writer defends a unified externalists account of propositional attitudes and reference, and formalizes this view inside attainable international semantics. He establishes a hyperlink among philosophical analyses of intentionality and reference, and formal semantic theories of discourse illustration and context switch. The relation among trust swap and the semantic analyses of conditional sentences and evidential (knowledge) and buletic (desire) propositional attitudes is mentioned extensively.
Read or Download Attitudes and Changing Contexts: 332 (Synthese Library) PDF
Best semantics books
The papers during this quantity tackle crucial concerns within the learn of Plurality and Quantification from 3 diversified views: • Algebraic ways to Plurals and Quantification • Distributivity and Collectivity: Theoretical Foundations • Distributivity and Collectivity: Empirical Investigations Algebraic ways to the semantics of average languages have been in dependently brought for the research of generalized quantification, pred ication, intensionality, mass phrases and plurality.
16 years after her father used to be killed by means of an IRA bomb, Jo Berry had her first dialog with the fellow in charge. She had made an extended trip, ‘walking the footsteps of the bombers’ as she placed it, decided to not provide in to anger and revenge yet to aim to appreciate his motivations and viewpoint.
This ebook is the 1st wide research on French Quantification within the box of Syntax. It presents a typology of 4 major quantified noun words in French (existential, common, destructive and wh-), detailing their syntactic, semantic and prosodic behaviors and displaying that they are often diminished to 2 classes—Split-DP buildings or Floating quantification.
In der linguistischen Theorie spielen Situationsargumente als Komponenten der lexikalisch-semantischen Repräsentation im Bereich verbaler Kategorien eine zentrale Rolle. Die Beiträge des Sammelbandes erweitern das Postulat eines Situationsarguments auf den Bereich deverbaler Wortbildungsprodukte.
- On Sentence Interpretation (Studies in Theoretical Psycholinguistics)
- Information Structure and Sentence Form: Topic, Focus, and the Mental Representations of Discourse Referents (Cambridge Studies in Linguistics)
- Society in Language, Language in Society: Essays in Honour of Ruqaiya Hasan
- Understanding Verbal Art: A Functional Linguistic Approach (The M.A.K. Halliday Library Functional Linguistics Series)
- The Processing of Tense: Psycholinguistic Studies on the Interpretation of Tense and Temporal Relations (Studies in Theoretical Psycholinguistics)
- Die Bedeutung der Rhetorik für die christliche Verkündigung in Augustinus' De doctrina Christiana im Vergleich zu ausgewählter Homiletik des 20. Jahrhunderts (German Edition)
Additional resources for Attitudes and Changing Contexts: 332 (Synthese Library)