By Brayton Polka
Read or Download Between Philosophy and Religion, Vol. II: Spinoza, the Bible, and Modernity: 2 PDF
Best religious philosophy books
Medical debts of lifestyles provide likelihood a primary function. on the smallest point, quantum thought consists of uncertainty and evolution is pushed by accident and necessity. those principles don't healthy simply with theology during which likelihood has been obvious because the enemy of goal. One choice is to argue, as proponents of clever layout do, that opportunity isn't actual and will get replaced via the paintings of a dressmaker.
Bargains a serious exam of Alvin Plantinga's and Richard Swinburne's modern try to shield conventional theism in the context of analytic philosophy.
In his writing, Gilles Deleuze drew on an unlimited array of resource fabric, from philosophy and psychoanalysis to technology and paintings. but students have mostly overlooked one of many highbrow currents underlying his paintings: Western esotericism, particularly the lineage of airtight concept that extends from past due Antiquity into the Renaissance in the course of the paintings of figures similar to Iamblichus, Nicholas of Cusa, Pico della Mirandola, and Giordano Bruno.
Hans Frei, probably the most influential American theologians of the 20 th century, is mostly thought of a founding father of postliberal theology. Frei by no means set forth his pondering systematically, and he has been criticized for being inconsistent, contradictory, and insufficiently rigorous. Jason Springs seeks right here to provide a reevaluation of Freis paintings.
- Essays in Islamic Philology, History, and Philosophy (Studies in the History and Culture of the Middle East)
- Questions on Love and Charity: Summa Theologiae, Secunda Secundae, Questions 23–46 (Rethinking the Western Tradition)
- Eastern Light: Awakening To Presence In Zen, Quakerism, and Christianity
- Mothering as a Metaphor for Ministry (Routledge Contemporary Ecclesiology)
- One Holy and Happy Society: The Public Theology of Jonathan Edwards
- Encouraging Words in a Discouraging World (366 daily devotional readings)
Additional resources for Between Philosophy and Religion, Vol. II: Spinoza, the Bible, and Modernity: 2