By Carol White
Acknowledging the nice damage wrought by way of divisive and challenging racial buildings within the usa, this booklet bargains an alternative choice to theistic versions of African American religiosity to motivate more moderen, conceptually compelling perspectives of spirituality that tackle a vintage, perennial spiritual query: What does it suggest to be totally human and entirely alive?
Read Online or Download Black Lives and Sacred Humanity: Toward an African American Religious Naturalism PDF
Similar religious philosophy books
Clinical debts of life supply probability a significant position. on the smallest point, quantum conception includes uncertainty and evolution is pushed by accident and necessity. those principles don't healthy simply with theology within which probability has been obvious because the enemy of function. One alternative is to argue, as proponents of clever layout do, that opportunity isn't genuine and will get replaced by means of the paintings of a fashion designer.
Bargains a severe exam of Alvin Plantinga's and Richard Swinburne's modern try and safeguard conventional theism in the context of analytic philosophy.
In his writing, Gilles Deleuze drew on an enormous array of resource fabric, from philosophy and psychoanalysis to technological know-how and paintings. but students have mostly missed one of many highbrow currents underlying his paintings: Western esotericism, particularly the lineage of airtight notion that extends from overdue Antiquity into the Renaissance during the paintings of figures corresponding to Iamblichus, Nicholas of Cusa, Pico della Mirandola, and Giordano Bruno.
Hans Frei, probably the most influential American theologians of the 20th century, is mostly thought of a founding father of postliberal theology. Frei by no means set forth his considering systematically, and he has been criticized for being inconsistent, contradictory, and insufficiently rigorous. Jason Springs seeks right here to provide a reevaluation of Freis paintings.
- Politics and Apocalypse (Studies in Violence, Mimesis, & Culture)
- Humanist Heroes through the Centuries, 1600's to the present: Spinoza to Hawking, including Ingersoll and Dietrich (Humanist Heroes through the Centuries, ... including Ingersoll and Dietrich Book 3)
- Dis-Enclosure: The Deconstruction of Christianity (Perspectives in Continental Philosophy)
- Heidegger on Death: A Critical Theological Essay (Intensities: Contemporary Continental Philosophy of Religion)
- Covenant and Election in Exilic and Post-Exilic Judaism: Studies of the Sofja Kovalevskaja Research Group on Early Jewish MonotheismVol. V: 5 (Forschungen zum Alten Testament. 2. Reihe)
- Christian Anarchism
Additional info for Black Lives and Sacred Humanity: Toward an African American Religious Naturalism