By Anne Green Gilbert
Read Online or Download Creative Dance for All Ages 2nd Edition PDF
Best dance books
Initially released in 1983 the 1st variation speedily confirmed itself as a middle pupil textual content. Now totally revised and up-dated it is still the single ebook to handle the reason, procedure, strategies and methodologies particular to the research of dance heritage. For the most physique of the textual content which covers historic stories of dance in its conventional and function contexts, the editors have introduced jointly a group of the world over identified dance historians.
Simply as definitely as Haiti is "possessed" through the gods and spirits of vaudun (voodoo), the island "possessed" Katherine Dunham while she first went there in 1936 to check dance and formality. during this booklet, Dunham unearths how her anthropological study, her paintings in dance, and her fascination for the folks and cults of Haiti labored their spell, catapulting her into stories that she was once frequently fortunate to outlive.
Whereas remapping the quarter via interpreting enduring ancient and cultural connections, this examine discusses a number of traditions and practices of theatre and function in 5 South Asian international locations inside of their particular political and socio-cultural contexts.
Whilst Igor Stravinsky's ballet Le Sacre du printemps (The ceremony of Spring) premiered throughout the 1913 Paris season of Sergei Diaghilev's Ballets Russes, its avant-garde tune and jarring choreography scandalized audiences. this day it truly is certainly one of the main influential musical works of the 20th century.
- Belly Dance, Pilgrimage and Identity
- The Natyasastra and the Body in Performance: Essays on Indian Theories of Dance and Drama
- Saved by the Blues: 36 Stories of Transformation through Blues Music and Dancing
- Raising Dust: A Cultural History of Dance in Palestine
- Cante de Gitanas con Nombres de Luz / Songs of the Gypsies with Names of Light
- Modern Dance in Germany and the United States: Crosscurrents and Influences (Choreography and Dance Studies Series)
Extra resources for Creative Dance for All Ages 2nd Edition