By Caroline Joan S. Picart
Read Online or Download Critical Race Theory and Copyright in American Dance: Whiteness as Status Property PDF
Similar dance books
Initially released in 1983 the 1st variation quickly confirmed itself as a center pupil textual content. Now absolutely revised and up-dated it is still the one publication to deal with the explanation, procedure, innovations and methodologies particular to the learn of dance background. For the most physique of the textual content which covers ancient stories of dance in its conventional and function contexts, the editors have introduced jointly a workforce of the world over identified dance historians.
Simply as definitely as Haiti is "possessed" through the gods and spirits of vaudun (voodoo), the island "possessed" Katherine Dunham while she first went there in 1936 to review dance and formality. during this e-book, Dunham finds how her anthropological learn, her paintings in dance, and her fascination for the folks and cults of Haiti labored their spell, catapulting her into studies that she was once usually fortunate to outlive.
Whereas remapping the area through reading enduring historic and cultural connections, this learn discusses a number of traditions and practices of theatre and function in 5 South Asian international locations inside their particular political and socio-cultural contexts.
Whilst Igor Stravinsky's ballet Le Sacre du printemps (The ceremony of Spring) premiered through the 1913 Paris season of Sergei Diaghilev's Ballets Russes, its avant-garde track and jarring choreography scandalized audiences. at the present time it's one in all the main influential musical works of the 20 th century.
- Stars of 21st Century Dance Pop and EDM: 33 DJs, Producers and Singers Discuss Their Careers
- La compagnie des ballets russes (Histoire) (French Edition)
- Zapotecs on the Move: Cultural, Social, and Political Processes in Transnational Perspective (Latinidad: Transnational Cultures in the United States)
- Geographies of Dance: Body, Movement, and Corporeal Negotiations
- Decorum of the Minuet, Delirium of the Waltz: A Study of Dance-Music Relations in 3/4 Time (Musical Meaning and Interpretation)
Extra info for Critical Race Theory and Copyright in American Dance: Whiteness as Status Property